“Introduce yourself! What are 5 things that everyone going to BiSC should know about you?”
1. Surprise! My attendance this year is a direct result of The Nicole Effect/gentle bullying. That is NOT a bad thing.
2. I just completed my 2nd half marathon with 4 other BiSC-uits! I have 2 more planned for this year, along with some other shorter distance races. I promise I’ll try to refrain from talking about running too much. Maybe. As I type this, I still have limited use of my legs, which always makes me rethink these choices, and then I forget about it a week later and sign up for more races. Feel free to call me crazy—everyone else does!
3. I like to say that I run to burn off all of the cupcakes (and cakes, and cookies, and donuts…) I make. I have a serious love for baking—it’s a form of therapy for me. You’re lucky I won’t be baking in Vegas, or else I would be (gently) forcing my baked goods on you like I do to everyone else in my life.
4. I met my roommate (and former 2011 BiSC-uit) through Twitter. It’s a platonic love story for the digital age.
5. I don’t drink coffee but I still frequent Starbucks. Therefore, my annual birthday drink is usually the most boring thing on the planet. (And yes, a cashier has told me that before. Rude.)